The Adventure Island blends timeless design with Hobie innovation. Kayaks and trimarans provide truly outstanding ways of enjoying the water—the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island combines these joys in one easy-to-use package.
Detach the crossbars, akas and amas and you have an adventure-touring kayak; reattach it all, step the rig and you have a nimble trimaran. A roller- furling, vertically battened mainsail provides lift, a daggerboard prevents lateral slip, and the amas tuck parallel against the rotomolded polyethylene hull for docking. Multiple hatches and on-deck stowage encourage multi-day adventures, and the MirageDrive offers paddle-free locomotion when kayaking or when the wind scatters, making it easy to get home. It also makes for a great fishing platform.
- Crew: 1
- Length: 16' / 4.88 m
- Beam w/ Amas Out: 9' 4" / 2.84 m
- Beam w/ Amas Folded In: 42" / 1.06 m
- Capacity: 350 lbs / 159 kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 86.5 lbs / 39.24 kg
- Fully Rigged Weight: 115 lbs / 52.16 kg
- Mast Length: 15' 2" / 4.62 m
- Sail Area: 57.5 sq ft / 5.34 sq m
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
- Adjustable High Back Padded Seat w/ Inflatable Lumbar Support
- Four Detatchable Akas with Carrying Bag
- Kick-up Island Rudder
- Patented Roller-Furling Sail with Battens
- Roller-furling Main Sail
- Two 8” Twist and Seal Hatches w/ Gear Bucket
- Two Color-Coordinated Amas
- Two Mesh-Covered Stowage Pockets
- Two Molded-In Rod Holders
- Two-Piece Paddles w/ On-Hull Storage
Golden PapayaRed HibiscusIvory Dune
- AKA Trampolines-Trampolines add space for gear storage, reduce spray, and allow you to move your weight outboard for better performance in windy conditions.
- Dolly-A dolly takes the effort out of getting your boat down to water’s edge.
- Evolve Electric Motor Kit-This quiet and efficient electric motor will dramatically expand your horizons
- Livewell-This 8-gallon, live-bait tank was custom-designed with the serious angler in mind (adapter required).